Sunday, January 15, 2017

Maplewood and Morristown

Great weekend of food starting with Friday night and the WW Board out at Lorena's Restaurant in Maplewood.  As usual I did my due diligence on the menu and this restaurant, for good reason gets strong reviews on Open Table. The fact that it is a byob is a nice touch.
I started with an appetizer of the Warm Lump Crabmeat and Mushroom Crepe, Fresh Herbs Beurre Blanc, White Truffle Oil which was awesome.The next course was an Atlantic Skate Wing,Braised Kale, Preserved Lemon, Honshimeji, Basil, Caper Brown Butter Sauce. I usually cook this myself all the time because it is such an easy dish :).   Whenever I get the chance to get the skate I do and this dish did not disappoint.  A very nice creme brule completed the evenings meal.  Really unusual  touch when one of our crew had a doggy bag (not me -nothing left on my plates!) they gave you a number ticket to pick up at the door when he left rather than at the table.


Saturday night with Leslie was at Jockey Hollow Bar and Kitchen -Oyster Bar in Morristown.  We started with the half lobster stuffed with lobster salad. The next course was the burrata and then the Black Bass which was excellent.  Leslie talked me into :) getting the creme brûlée again and that was a great move.  There were cranberries in the creme brûlée along with homemade raspberry ice cream which really worked. 



No comments:

Post a Comment